View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Going to pull the trigger on a Gobi rack....

There's a guy in Utah, just north of Salt Lake selling a Ranger Gobi for $900 and willing to ship. He's got the posting on at least two forums that I know of.
Of course, you can also buy a brand new Stealth or Ranger off of Ebay for the same price ($900), but shipping is around $300, so it's the same as buying new any place else.
I think Ranger vs. Stealth comes down to how aggressive you want the truck to look. IMO---the Ranger looks better with bigger tires and big front bumper. Stealth works better on a stock or close to stock truck.
As for clearance for the garage, the Stealth will work with up to 37" tires/no lift for fitting in the garage. No way for the Ranger to fit in a normal garage. You can contact GOBI and get all kinds of different light mounts, including the rounds, for the GOBI's--so rounds will work on the Stealth.
I had a Stealth on my 3 and absolutely loved it---it paid for itself in the first month when we had it on a road trip and expanded our carrying capacity vastly. Of course, the 3 had limited room, so the rack was a great addition. On the 2, I've got bucketloads more interior room, so a rack isn't needed as badly. The greatest benefit we got out of the rack on the 3 was watching fireworks on fourth of July on the roof and looking at stars while parked on the mountain in Colorado. This is actually the reason we'll be getting a GOBI for the deuce in the future--makes a great deck to sit on.
Of course, the bonus is getting a look that alot of other deuces don't have and it looks freakin' awesome!