View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:30 PM

fyr145 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best mods for money and performance

well if youre looking for power but needing to stay within a certain budget I would suggest a few things;

1. Upgrade the air intake: I went from the factory intake system to Airaid's system. There are several other brands of systems out there with various configurations but anything is better than stock. Do some research and select an intake system that will work within your budget.

2. Get a programmer: Like the intakes out there on the market, there are several brands of programmers. Diablo is good, Hypertech, etc. all can help you make the adjustments that you want.

3. Change your exhaust system: Another key component to getting a few more horsepower with minimal cost is changing the exhaust system. I got rid of the factory exhaust and went with a Magnaflow brand. I get a few extra horses for the money but not the huge resonating drone sound in the cab. Flowmaster would also work but they tend to be a bit louder than I wanted. Again, its all about preference and budget.

You can also go further into this by changing the rear end gears so you will have more power in the higher bands but all of this is based upon your preferences.

Then, if price is no object, there always the supercharger for real boost but the fuel costs may really offset this mod.

Components like these can help you get on your way to getting more power with minimal cost. I do notice on my mods that I do get better power off the line.

Hope this helps.