View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best mods for money and performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
IRA51,
I know thats isnt true. Even my Vette I have modded without "ponying up the big bucks".
I know it is easier to go the route of the masses and buy the items people buy with high price tags but I know there are items out there right now that do the same job.

Like I know there is someone on here that bought a code reader for like 25 bucks that works with his phone and such, and so far I have heard it works great (and he didnt have to pay a couple of hundred for the same thing)

I know that on my M3 everyone yells out to buy the 1300 titanium dollar muffler, yet research and dynos have proven that the 300 dollar one is only 2lbs heavier then the titanium one and yields the same HP.

So why waste money.
I know that there are mods available for the H2 that dont cost an arm and a leg. Sure a reprogrammer might be a few hundred, but which one is the best buy. I mean why buy one for 150 that will only re-map one car and it only does a good job when you can buy one for say 250 that will re-map 2-3 cars and do a great job.

see where I am trying to go with this?
Other then the trans cooler that will not give you more power ,but is a smart mod to do ,you aren't going to get any real power cheap . Makeing it louder with a free flow exaust and K&N sounds kool though . A SC or heads and cam package with long tubes is the way to go ,but you better get the trans up graded or it will fail . So if ya havent got at least $2500.00 to spend and do the labor yourself keep dreaming .there is no real gain with a prograhmer on a gas engine ,and sometimes they make it worse in hot climates like Phoenix. FYI my 06 C6 with padle shifter auto only made 20 hp more with LG long tubes and X pipes and Corsa exaust at a cost of $2400.00 . the best bang for the buck was getting rid of the run flats and going with Nitto envo's . But what the hell do I know ?Anyone telling you you can get a 50 hp bump on a stock H2 with headers and exaust has never seen a one on a Dyno for proof ,ain't going to happen.
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 06-06-2012 at 12:52 AM.