View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is this unreasonable, or am I just being whiny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTLex
Secondly, I have the Fabtech 6" and have been thinking about going bigger. If im not mistaken all that is modified on the dif is the mounting bracket cut off. Cognito makes a piece that bolts back on to make it mount normally again, at least thats what they told me when I was looking at their 10-12" adjustable lift.

Lastly, my 6" fabtech install took the shop 1 day to complete from start to finish with the alignment and all. I dropped it off on monday at 9am, picked it up on Tuesday at noon. Sound like your shop is BS' on the install.

Good luck with it, im sure it will all work out in the end.

The lift I'm going with is a Bulletproof. They don't make that part for the front diff. I have no idea if the shop is even aware of the Cognito modifier.

My Fabtech install took 2 days (including a new exhaust, rims and tires as well). But that was an install coming from a STOCK truck. The problem they're running into is that not all the stock parts are there - and the Bulletproof instructions are from a stock truck. So basically, they have to knock parts of it back to stock and THEN put on the new lift. If you haven't noticed, Hummer parts aren't quite as easy to come by as they were 5 years ago. This part of the delay I understand, BUT - I know this shop has done both Fabtech and Bulletproof lifts before. The owner KNEW I had a Fabtech on it going in. Shouldn't these parts have been anticipated? Or is that asking too much? He had about a month between the time I put down the deposit/signed the papers and when I dropped the truck off.

This is the last delay at least (fingers crossed). Everything else is done, they just have to reassemble once the new part comes in.