View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H20 Corner Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
From all the pics I've seen from various angles there doesn't appear to be any attachment points at the bottom...maybe a small bracket slips in the wheel-well where the fender flare splits from the corner bumper piece; but I don't know about around back by the hatch. It sets out so far from the body of the truck that we should see some sort of bracket or something...

Perhaps that's one of the reasons that it caused so much damage when it took the impact...if the bottom didn't have proper support it would just bend right in. Perhaps he designed it as more of a ladder and less of a guard/ladder.

EDIT: I take that back...I think the rear bracket can be seen in this pic. If that's it I think it's a little weak. I'd liked to see something beefier than that; and maybe another in the middle.

Not to say anyone is wrong here, because I just can't see anything either, but I have a really hard time believing that H20 would produce something like that WITHOUT some sort of support on the lower end of it. I mean, from what I understand, the products that H20 made for a short time were some of the best on the market.

I'm thinking there is something hidden on that lower rail, on the side of the truck/guard, just below the rear marker light. There is metal there that the bracket could be attached to, but there isn't a whole lot there, and what is there probably isn't that strong.

The top looks pretty self explanatory, some sort of system that bolts up to the roof rail, similar to a roof rack.

IIRC, HumBeBe knows the guy that ran H20, and built all this stuff. Maybe she could offer insight on how they attached, or sweet talk him into doing a small run of them again! I would certainly buy a set.

Edit: the more I look at those photos, and start to remember, I think this truck also had the H20 front and rear bumpers. I'm wondering if those guards are attached directly to the rear bumper...

Last edited by seventwozero : 07-18-2012 at 01:55 AM.