View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:38 AM
Hummer Expert

pdxrealtor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Headers - Ordered - Discuss install and options

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwozero
You'll have better luck if you start soaking the bolts with a good penetrating () lubricant. When I had my mechanic do mine, he gave me a bottle of spray (triflo) and told me to give em a shot every day till the next time I brought it in (about a week). Aside from the two that were already broken, he managed to get the rest out without breaking them. As for the broken ones, he welded a nut onto what was left of the stud and backed them out.

In regards to your powder coating question, I'm not sure if anyone makes a powder coat that will withstand the temps you'll see on an exhaust manifold. Although, I'm not totally sure what kind of temps you'll see on the manifolds... You might be able to find some sort of a high temp paint, IE: I know guys that use grill paint on motor cycle pipes.

Thanks for the info..

I've been spraying mine with screw loose by CRC. I still haven't ordered the bolts as it might be a bit before I can get these installed.

My buddy with the lift is no longer available to me due to his douche bag boss (long story). so I 'll be spending some time in the drive way on jack stands doing the front end, lower ball joints-idler/pitman/cognito support, and hubs.

If I come across some cash before I'm done with the front end I might just have the exhaust installed although I can't stand the thought of someone else touching my rig....

2006 HUMMER H2
MOOG Front End
Diablo InTune w/DiabLew Tune
Cognito Steering Support
OBX LT Headers
Air Raid Filter w/Tube
External Trans Cooler -Radiator Bypass
Corvette Servo
Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks-
Rancho Steering Stabilizer
20" Chrome Fuel Hostage - Cooper ST Maxx
Slotted Rotors/Ceramic pads/Steel Lines