View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What other toys do you have?

I had a 1985 and 1989 Porsche 911 and loved everything about them except the air conditioning on the older 911s left a lot to be desired. You get an incredible feel for the road in a Porsche that is unique. The '89 was a turbo and spent a few days in the shop under warranty getting the turbo issue ironed out that they had with the 88 and 89 models. As far as a driver's car, they're right with the BMW M5 in my opinion, but the new M5s have gotten too big and don't compare to the older E39s. My favorite toy is my 2004 Vortech supercharged Z06 with the Bassani short tube headers and Borla exhaust. With 588 RWHP it is more car than I will ever need. It is much more comfortable than my old Viper and I can actually do a road trip in the Corvette and be comfortable in it. With the lack of sound proofing and insulation in the Z06 I do get some blower whine from it. It's also getting harder to find the thin glass they used on the C5 Z06 for windshield and sides. I have a spare windshield I keep at the shop just in case. I just got home last night from Corvettes at Carlisle and the C5 drove like a dream. With all that said, I will always have a soft spot for German engineering and the Porsches.
Attached Images

Hummer, like nothing else

Last edited by HummerMann : 08-27-2012 at 01:34 PM.