View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Suspension Discussion

Ok, I thought with all the front end upgrade posts that maybe its time to have a suspension discussion.

Here is my question - has anyone gone with a coil-over suspension setup for the front end yet? I know these setups are pricey as hell and I'm not even sure if they make them for the Deuce, but I have been pretty disappointed with my front end for a while now.

My problem - I went with the skyjacker lift, I think it gives me 5-1/2" lift. Rolling 40's, cranked the stock keys all the way up and added 1-1/2" spacers on the back under the coils to even out the stance. Looks ok, except for when I turn into a dip, the tire digs into the frame big time and makes a huge pop from it hitting the frame on the back of the wheel well. Also, when I hit a dip in the road, the truck bounces up and down and there is a huge pop from my wheel shooting down after absorbing the bump when going slow over a dip - pretty sure it is from the keys being cranked and the wheel is shooting back down under the pressure.

Now, I know I need a new steering setup simply because of the 40's eventually. I was thinking of getting the green keys that everyone talks about, but I'm not sure if they are going to give me enough of a change to notice. Rocking Bilstein shocks too, so good to go there. I guess the point I am trying to make is that I would like my truck to just be able to hit a bump and absorb it nicely without popping, rubbing, or bouncing. About ready to take it to a body shop and have them cut out part of my wheel wells just to open it up, but I know that this isn't going to get me to where I can hit something and have the suspension suck it up like a desert buggy. Whatever I decide to do next will be drastic, so I want to see if thereis anything I am missing before I go chop shop on my truck.

Pretty sure there are others out there too that are maxing out the 5-1/2" to 6" lifts with 40's and are wondering the same thing, so let's talk about it.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)