View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Hummer Novice

hookandpull is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rear mount turbo

My tuner and I have been doing some investigating and have found that we may be able to see as much as a 100hp gain to the wheels in as little as 6psi. I fail to see where my tranny would implode from a hp gain of 100 at the wheels when these trucks were designed to tow.... I have no intention of using my rig for towing and or hot rodding. Just a little more power so the engine doesnt has to work as hard going uphill, against headwinds and from dead stops. 11mpg is pure crap and I blame GM for a undertuned engine. We are hoping for 16mpg,s with 6psi. The boost via turbo will help immensely with underpowered highway driving conditions, fuel atomization and is a better option than a blower because there is no parasitic horse power loss. I am new to hummers or should I say GM SUV's but not at all new to forced induction. Being that I have not seen hardly any H2's out there with turbo kits I am willing to take a stab at it and notate any considerable gains (whatever they may be). I wouldnt mount the turbo just simply for "gas mileage" either, but I am a person that likes challenges. I bought the H2 because of the sheer size, presence, and comfort. Now I want to make the engine a little leaner.