View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Hummer Novice

hookandpull is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rear mount turbo

I do all of my own work on every single vehicle I own... If that tranny ****s out then so be it. Ill put an 80 in the pig. But positive displacement superchargers have a completely different power curve then a rear mount turbo. The turbo will have a more gradual hp increase where as a positive displacement blower is instant impact. It's the sudden jolt of HP that is most detrimental to trannys and everything else follows suit.

Did you guys know the "roots" style blowers that are so popular on the H2's are actually the same stock blower on 03-04 Cobras? The Eaton M112 is what comes on the Terminators from Ford and the Magnum Powers is basically a glorified M112. The Whipples and Kenne Bell's are the same line that the Cobra's run as well. I know ALL of these blowers well and I know how hard they are on a drivetrain. They hit like a 9lb hammer and boost is almost instant. I know this cause I have a built 03 Cobra with a Whipple running 20lbs of boost making 650rwhp. That being said even the "bulletproof" T-56 gets worn out from PD blowers over time.

And I dont think a 33% increase in highway fuel mileage with a CAI, Rear Mount Turbo and custom tune is ridiculous.

Last edited by hookandpull : 09-14-2012 at 06:32 PM.