View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just popped my cherry on my first H2 in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull
I come from a GM family and have never been a fan of their rubbermaid products. Although their SUV's IMO are the best on the market. I have had a few Mopars and what not. Here in Washington state rock trails are really popular and snow wheeling. mudding is not the wheeling of choice. Plus I have a hard time wheeling such a massive/expensive rig. I used to wheel with an awesome TJ that I had not near as nice as the H2 and was basically a death trap on the highway because of bumpsteer but I didnt have to worry about trashing the Jeep where as I worry about trashing the H2 lol
We originally bought a super clean, 'uber nice 17K mile H3 back in 06--and from the start I told my wife that I would be wheeling it and I didn't want to hear any crap about scratches because why have a super capable rig if you can't wheel it?
A couple years later we traded the 3 for the 2 (once again--super clean, 'uber nice) and she already knew I'd be wheeling it. I've off roaded with fellow HUMMER owner's in Utah, then towed our travel trailer up into Canada and wheeled with the Canadians, then last year moved back to here to Florida (trailer in tow). I've had the deuce/trailer in MOAB somewhere along the way as well.
So while my paint may have some streaking that'll need to be buffed out (someday), I've been able to use the deuce for what it was built for and not worry about reliability because that was also built in.
I thrashed on my 3 because it was under powered and not as capable--I haven't had to thrash on the 2 because it's just so capable to wheel right out of the box. Live life---wheel your deuce!