View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, at least you have a plan. I agree with some of what you said and don't agree with other parts. Personally, I feel that if they are here illegally, they need to be deported. During that time maybe they can start the process and applications to be allowed to come into the country legally. If they do and they are caught in the country illegally, their application is then permanently revoked. We have laws in the country regarding immigration and just because you were able to sneak in does not give you the right to slide on them.

This hits some what close to home for me as a very good friend is going through the proper procedures right now. He has been jumping through hoops to do what he needs to do to be here legally. He is actually at his interview with INS in Miami as I am typing this. We also need to get a better handle on how the process is done. He has had to pay renewal fee after renewal fee because the process is so back logged. Even though he lives in Orlando they setup the meeting in Miami. He contacted them several times in writing that he lives here and the meeting should be at the local office here rather than in Miami but they basically said too bad. Since he is doing everything legally he and his wife have to take time off of work, drive down there and pay for a hotel just because the system couldn't get it straight.

Many advocates to letting the illegals stay here say that we need them since they do the jobs that Americans won't do. I feel there is a solution to this. Tell all the people living on welfare that are capable of working that they have so many days until the free ride ends. Offer assistance in relocation if need be. This would be a huge relief to the welfare system and the money saved could be rerouted to where it can be better used for immigration and national security. There are far too many people that are perfectly capable of working but either do not because they would rather sit on the couch and watch TV waiting on their monthly check or there are just not enough jobs in the urban areas where they currently live. Offer assistance to move their family to an area with jobs. Maybe offer some job training as well but cut the free ride for those that truly don't deserve it.

I do not understand why you think that we should be letting more people in every year though, why is that?

Just my $0.02

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights