View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 11:36 PM

CHarris is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Hummie2:
Sorry guys your off by alittle bit. There is no viscous coupling in the H2. Pull the front drive shaft and you will have to go to 4lock to get the truck to move. It won't move in 4high open because there is a differential in the transfercase and it is normaly unlocked until you go to 4lock(either high or low). The power flow will simply take the path of least resistance. You can prove this by jacking one wheel up with a trolley jack in 4high open and lightly step on the brake enough to light the stop lights(this will deactivate the trac control) then try to drive off. It won't move until you let off the brake and trac control senses the spinning wheel (or wheels) and applies the brake to the spinning wheel(s) to add enough resistance to send power to the wheel(s) that still have traction.

Thanks for getting that all straightened out. I had been told that the Silverado SS, Yukon Denali, and H2 all shared the same transfer case. I got bum doped and spread it a little further.

Anyway, here's the correct dope...

The Silverado SS transfer case works pretty much how I described it... it is a NVG-149 with a viscuous coupling. As it really turns out the big Denali is a BW4482 and the H2 is the BW4484. All of which run at more or less 40/60 power split front/rear which is probably the source of confusion. Who knew GM would run so many different transfer cases all accomplishing more or less the same job.

So, now that I'm all clear on that... does someone know the max input power of the H2's BW4484?

I know the Silverado SS is rated at 2200 lb ft input to the transfer case. This would be a good spec to know and I cna't find it anywhere. Borg Warners website is not heavy on product specs.

Sorry for sharing confusion.
2002 Firehawk #966 (Traded in)