View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Hummer Professional

It\'s a Dry Heat is off the scale

Your right if I take out the 16" clearance there will be no contest for the H1. But if I leave it in the only thing to do is buy an H1. I own an 04 H2. But there are ways to improve it. So if everything else is equal can I follow an H1? Talking about tires. The H2 has a hard time keeping torque at low rpm without changing transfercase. Take a look at the jeep Rubicon 64 to 1 the H1 and H2 are 33 to 1. The improvments made to the jeep made it able to climb like hell. Your right they did not change the groung cltarance. So are you saying ground clearance is everthing now that the jeep can match the H1 with torque. So do you agree larger diamitor tires decrease rpm to travel the same distance at the same speed, to keep the torque you have to keep rpm's up to lift the vehical over an obstical. You have to stay within the torque curve. Okay take a tractor with a heavy load, if I start spining wheels on a tractor I stop my forward motion loose traction. I need to slow down shift gears raise rpm to get my torque again and start moving. If I keep the same size tire my rpm and torque won't change, I'll keep my torque and gain traction.