View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 02:25 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe-

You must have seen the same post referencing the ebay auction for the four Hutchinson wheels over at the "other site". Anyways, I haven't bought the H1 yet. I am still contemplating which route to take: wagon vs. soft-top with the cal-gold slantback top, and which year to buy. I'm leaning in the 2001 direction (almost all the interior upgrades that are worth having have been done by 2001) which would make me probably a buyer at the end of summer/early fall. I'm trying to pick up an opentop for around 40-45K and at that level, can pick up a 2000 right now. I saw where a 2000 softtop with 26K miles, leather, winch, fully loaded went for 42,600 on ebay two days ago.

Anyways, I guess my question to your response is this: What should I be paying for a set of four Hutchinson wheels (minus the tires)? I didn't know if $2,800 was too much or not. I haven't been able to find them anywhere on the internet and would rather take the stock ones that come with the Hummer rather than the aftermarket Hutchinson wheels that Adventure Accessories sells.

I look forward to your response and would love to hear praise or complaints you have regarding owning an opentop.

Again, Thanks.