View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Gary,

I too have been closely following some of the current events transpiring "over there" on the HCML...and your right...they're comparing the whole thing to Enron...it's both ugly, depressing, and a bit embarrassing!

I choose to ignore it. While I am a member of The Hummer Club and am 'active'...it's hard to consider 2-3 events per year, a newsletter and a pin part of a club. I think the problem is that it's a national thing.

It's great that today our technology allows us to be closely linked, but what good does it do me to know what events are transpiring on the East Coast? While it's "cool" to be part of a National Club....it's rather useless in application.

This website out-performs 1000-times the informational aspects of the Hummer Club, and being that we'd like to actually go offroading....it seems only practical to be involved in smaller regional groups so that we can actually participate in.

We ask ourselves; what would we want from being in a Hummer Club....to have outtings, meet friends with Hummers and enjoy our rigs. How could that be practical on a National level? I'm not aware of any local chapters or regional areas. Accordingly, my interest in the Hummer Club is much along the lines of what they truly have to offer us: not much.

I hope this doesn't come off as my being sour, I'm just being open with my observations. Look at their website and check out the schedule of events....what good is it? This list does to that club what CD's do for 8-tracks. Just my 2 cents.