Thread: Second Sun Roof
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 09:17 AM

sheag is off the scale

So what, I'm like the guinea pig here?! I think they should pay *me* to get the second sunroof and then I can sell it to everybody else just by driving my H2 around. Yeah, that's it...:-)

OT Mac, yeah, I was a lawyer for about 30 seconds (ok, a little bit longer than that) some years ago fresh out of law school, but then I did the right thing and quit and became a scuba instructor/travel writer. A lot less stress, but sadly I guess certain aspects of my lawyer-personality are more ingrained than any mere job title can fix. But I'm working on it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] And yes, I have been away from Hawai'i too long (6 months) and it's showing. Only 25 more days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Oh, so back on topic, the dealer quote on the second sunroof is $1200 installed. I think it's the same one they install in the front, which is two inches smaller all the way around than the factory-installed roof they put in front. I have to find out where they put the buttons for the second sunroof. They showed me Polaroids of it and it looked great. I'm hoping there will be one on the lot when I go on Sunday so I can see it in person. And by the way, the Hummer I test drove had both the sunroof and the roof off-road lights, and the bar with the lights really hindered IMO the look and use of the sunroof. I'm going to pop those suckers off of there for every day use. In fact, I'm honestly wondering if I need them at all, the vast majority of my offroading will be during the day and for night, I think the grille-mounted lights are more than sufficient and I can leave those on all the time.

Shea