View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 02:22 AM

Kahloq is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kahloq:
Maybe the ppl you know bought for image only. Thats fine and dandy. The ppl I know in my area did NOT buy an H2 or H1 because of image. Infact they made the choice to either buy or not because of the compariosn with other vehicles. Some did buy, some bought something else like an Escalade. You apparantly still think you can read every persons mind that ever bought an H2. Well you can keep to your fantasy land.

Now tell me, where have you ever seen a better deisel pull a full size artillery piece? huh? You can't(the comparison was with an H1 and a cummins desiel dodge pickup if you dont remember). No dodge pickup is going to be able to pull a 155mm artillery gun. Can a humvee? yes, why? Because of the frame of the vehicle. You dont or refuse to be able to grasp simple concepts. As far as your 25% reduction in sales thing. No joke sherlock. We both stated the same thing, except you cant understand how to read, or so it seems. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just plain stupid, to even attempt posting **** you know nothing about. Why are you continuing? You had the opportunity to just shut up and leave after you figured out you didn't have a clue to what you are talking about, but no. You keep showing up with more bull****.

No armed forces uses a Humvee to pull the 15,000lb M198 towed Howitzer. My MOS in the Marine Corps was field artillery, so I happen to know just a little about the subject. In fact, the Marine Corps had to upgrade the drive train on the 5 tons we used to pull the M198s to better handle towing them.

Not even the newest 9,000lb 155mm are towed by Humvees, it just wouldn't make any sense. The Humvee doesn't have the room to carry the expendables or tools nor the capacity to tow 9000lbs over rough terrain.

Why state such obviously idiotic comments? Simply look up the HP/Torque and tow ratings on the H1, compare it to any full size pickup with a diesel engine in it and figure it for yourself. I don't think I have encountered a more blindly stupid poster. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are the idiot because you make assumptions on what I've said without asking for any clarification.
Yes, you may have been in the Marines and good for you. I was in the ARMY and I also know a thing or two about them as I WAS in an artillery unit. 4/41 Artilery/ 3rd brigade / 24th infantry Division - Fort benning, GA.
Did I EVER say we pulled a 155MM cannon as a regular event? No, you make an assumption and make a complete ass out of yourself. I stated that the humvee COULD pull it. Did I say how fast? No! Did I say we pulled it down the highway? No! I simply stated that a humvee CAN pull one if absolutely necessary, cuz we DID several times because of the 5 ton trucks that were broke down. We had to pull them out of the mud(there is a lot of clay and mud at Ft Benning). The tow capacity is a recommended max on highway at reasonable speeds. Not the absolute MAX the vehicle can pull without ripping the rear ends out. Maybe YOU guys need to go back to school. I have never said one thing that is bull**** here. You ppl just all want to jump on the bandwagon when you see something that MIGHT make sense to U when someone is attempting to spoutncrap at someone. TOO BAD your wrong.
Under nomral circumstances, I would agree that a humvee is not something to pull a 155mm cannon around, but it CAN do it. I have DONE it.
Maybe next time, you might try civility and actually ask someone for more details before you go spouting off bull**** Paragon, because you made a complete moron of yourself.

Sfox, I never once said the balloon popped for H2 sales. In fact, I hope they continue to sell. I like Hummers and have no problem with them in general. However, even with all your arguements, you just as me, can't speak for the 60K H2 owners. You are part of the enthusiast crowd and thats fine, but they don't represent all 60K owners either and dont pretend they do. As far as taking marketing classes....I've done that already thankyou. Maybe you should.