View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

How's H1 as a daily ride?
1- It is 5" wider. My H2 is already taking up all the width of most parking spaces to the edges. Living in the hills, there are many narrow roads and bridges, even with the H2, I slow down and affraid my side mirrors may fly off.

2- How many seats? 4 only? as parents of 2 teenage sons, their friend(s) come along often, to movies, shopping, paintball, ski, etc. It is so much fun to be a parent of teenagers. Is there room for 1 or 2 more kids?

3- On some daily runs, you stop by at many places, it gets tiring and annoying with some vehicles. When I had stick shift Jeeps as rentals in Hawaii on many occasions, it gets annoying to get back into them. They are fun as toys, but after a few hours, they are WORK.

4- How's the ride and noise on pavement? We travel long distance several times a year, ski or kayaking, river rafting, etc. H2 is quiet and comfortable and smooth, we can go for hours without getting tired.

5- Some H1 owner mentioned the bad smell of diesel or whatever. Is that the case?

I love the H1 look, and I don't need to check numbers to know I can afford H1, but I do not and cannot have a vehicle I just drive as toy on weekends, I've done that to know they are nothing but trouble and big expensive paperweight.