View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

also this isnt a saftey issue at all it basically makes you stability system useless and your 4wd non functional.

Mine is intermittent it will fail 1 day and work the entire next day. I have actuall cancelled 1 appt at the dealer due to the fact that it started to work again only to get in the truck to find it failed again...get it to the dealer and get it fixed.

I am in a warm climate but if you were to be wheeling in the snow in the middle of nowhere or commuting in the snow where the 4wd was a necessity and it failed you would be screwed.

I bet there will be a recall on this but I cant be sure I guess it depend on what percentage of encoder motors fail in the field. From this post I see several but all in all there arent like 100 people chiming in saying they have the same problem...It was actually nice to hear y tech say he has done 3 others though...finally I am not the first one which I seem to be in a lot of issues in life....ya know...man your the first person to hae this problem? I get that a lot. I like the tech he is straight forward and honest and doesnt bs me. I could care less if there is a problem with the encoders I just want it fixed. I think by them telling you you ae the first they think they are keeping your faith in the vehicle. I personally want the truth. The techs are up front the service managers IMO try to BS you. they should know like the tecks do how many of what they have fixed...

I still love my H3 and realize on a first year vehicle there will be some problems.

this is my list to date:

1) onstar never worked from day 1 new module fixed it
2) washer pump motor
3) needs a new serp belt
4) needs a new encoder motor and re cal of the TCCM

Hopefully this will be it.

M