View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Third Diff's a Charm

All I can say is, this issue pisses me off more than any other issue GM has at this time. Maybe, and I say maybe, if enough front diffs are replaced, the people who made the decision not to go with the heavier cast iron front diff (vs the aluminum diff) will decide it is best to replace with cast iron diffs as the vehicles come in with broken front ends.

I have grumbled, argued and made slide remarks to certain people in regard to this issue and all I get are cold stares. I have tried different approaches such as make the stronger diff part of the adventure package for a hundred more.

l'm at a loss as to what to do.

I can say that I have heard the stronger gear set should help, but will it help for those who climb in the Moab area or the Rubicon. Sure it will help quite a few who just off-road on severe roads such as the ones I ran in Moab. But for those who are out climbing the escalator, golden spike, etc.?

All I can say is I can see no way, someone could refuse warranty on the front diff if it was destroyed off-roading. Hummer advertises this fact on their own website, and I cannot believe any arbitrator would rule in favor of GM/Hummer on this issue.