View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front leveling = Rear sagging???

Hey all -

In this thread people have been talking about leveling the H3 and getting lift from the front via a t-bar crank. Way back when people were talking about how they didn't like the "stink-bug" look that the stock set up had.

Just like many of you, I have done a t-bar crank (2.5 turns) and am happy with the results. I may go another full turn soon for more clearance up front. I don't really care if the thing "looks" level. What I care about is ground clearance.

The t-bar crank can be done to give you an additional inch or more of clearance and is simple and esentially free. No one seems to be coming out with suspension lifts and when they do they are going to be big big money.
Soooo, let me ask you this: What about shackle extensions for the rear? The rear of the truck already has shackles stock:

Why not get, or fabricate some, that are longer? This could give us an inch or more of rear lift for a relatively small investment.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is this something that we have discussed before and dismissed? I did a search but didn't find much of anything. So what are your thought folks? What am I missing? Should we our shouldn't we? Inquiring minds want to know!