View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 04:06 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

I just got off the phone with the tech I have uesd before and spoke with at the dealer. First off he said this is becoming more prevelant and GM knows about it. The initial fix sent from GM was to swap out the TCCM Module right off...well they realized that wasnt the fix as all the returned TCCM's to the manufacturer checked out ok. So now GM has done a backorder on the TCCM and is saying to replace the encoder motor assy which is mounted on the back of the xfer case. He said rather than admit they pointed the techs in the wrong direction with the initial fix they just put the TCCM's on backorder which isnt the problem anyway, it just eliminates techs from continuing to order them. Now as I understand it the encoder motors are hard to get. I actually had the service/parts dept. order one for my scheduled warantee service on the stab failure check 4wd deal going on now. He had no problem doing this as he said he likes to keep on in stock anyhow even if it wasnt the problem (which now I know it is) he said he would shelf it. Glad I had them order it..but get this I called this am to check the status and they said it came in last wed and another tech pulled it and used it on another clients car with the exact smae symptoms as mine.......(((((think this is a common problem??))))) I say yes.

The reason I ordered one is thanks to this forum I had a feeling this was the problem and didnt want to take a 4hr round trip just so they could tell me it was the problem and the part had to be ordered andhave to come back again..normal procedure....I pushed the envelope and it worked...if I were closer to the dealer I would not have done this.

Anyhow they are overnighting another one and or doing another spat case on the part which is an overnight order anyhow...so I should be good to go for sat service. I also told them I want the TCCM cleared and re-programmed which is there discretion but I requested it. Plus I told them I want the rear washer pump recall fixed and I also want the pullys cleaned and the serpentine belt tensioner bolt checked for the proper torque and the serpentine belt replaced to stop the cold start rattle I have had for the past 2 months. I have to drive 2hrs each way to the dealer so I am getting my ducks in a row to get it all fixed once and for all.
I will keep you all posted on the work done on sat I have an appt at 9am in Hacksonville Fla.

Thanks Mike.

and on the last post my feeling is if it did it once it will probably rear its head again it shouldnt have come on no matter what gear you were in period...it is probbaly the encoder motor.....get it to the dealer.

Mike