View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by DTHVLY:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
The POS FJ doesn't even have a rear locker as standard, it's an option.

So having an optional rear locker makes the FJ POS, OK? I would be willing to bet that 90% of Hummer owners not only don’t use the locker but they don’t even know what it does. The only way having an optional rear locker is a problem is if you can’t afford it, I don’t have that problem.<span class="ev_code_RED">I said it was a POS AND it didn't have it standard. I didn't say it was because. Try reading comprehension next year. Who cares what owners use/don't use, know/don't know. We were discussing a POS FJ on Hummer forum here weren't we?</span>

Quote:
It's got 19 more horsepower, wow that's a clear cut winner.

So you think 19 more horsepower and 73 more pound feet of torque in a vehicle that weighs nearly 1000 lbs. less isn’t a lot? I guess if that makes you feel better then go ahead and keep thinking that, but the fact is that the H3 is even more underpowered than the H2 and it has one of the worst power to weight ratios of any SUV out there.<span class="ev_code_RED">People that use their rigs are more worried about crawl ratios, not HP to weight.</span>

Quote:
It has 1/2" more ground clearance, yep that makes a difference.

Actually the FJ has over an inch more ground clearance than the H3, 1.3” to be exact. The FJ has 9.8” and the H3 has 8.5”, comparing both vehicles with the standard 32” tires. If you want to compare both with the optional 33” tires the FJ has 10.4” and the H3 has 9.1”. Now an extra inch of clearance may not make a difference when your cruising the street all day but when your off-road and there’s an extra inch between your undercarriage and the rocks it’s a lot and yes it does make a difference.<span class="ev_code_RED">Just shut up, already. Go get some updated specs.</span>

Quote:
There is a 2wd only version, that makes it a real contender.

Again not a problem unless you can’t afford the 4wd.<span class="ev_code_RED">Actually, it is a problem. It means it's not purpose built. Of course, you would have to drive to understand that.</span>

Quote:
It is a 2 door, yet still doesn't have the off-road specs to compete with a 4 door H3.
I guess your just pulling this out of your ass because the FJ beats the H3 in every off-road spec. except A/D angles. The FJ has more ground clearance, a shorter wheel base, a better break over angle, it weighs less, it has more power, and it has better off-road options, plus it has a real transfer case shifter instead of pushbutton like the H3. Push button 4wd is the gayest thing in the world. <span class="ev_code_RED">Well, first.... approach angle can be a pretty important factor. You can't get over the obstacle if you can't even get to it. You need to go look up the specs again, sport. Try to use accurate ones also. It's already been covered that many of the initial specs on the POS FJ were wrong. HP doesn't mean crap off-road. It doesn't really how much HP you have as long as you can apply torque to the tires. Sorry, if you were old enough to drive, you would know that. "Push button 4wd is....." forget about it, you're to dumb to even waste more comment on that one.</span>

Quote:
Dude, you need to pull back and rethink your position.
No, I think it's you that needs to pull back and rethink your position. <span class="ev_code_RED">Duh huh!!!!</span>

Quote:
Is your name Chris?
No, the name is Richard but it’s Dick to you... <span class="ev_code_RED">No, that would be Dickhead</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>