View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hummerguy32 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Steering is difficult when turning??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz
i would tell them to go **** themselves, but using worse language.

is that $1650 for just the sttering box alone?

you can buy an aftermarket steering box for low $200
another $10 for fluids.
disconnect and put in new box and flush the system..

pitman, Idler arm, and Pivot arm arent a bad idea to replace, and since you will have the gear box off anyways.. makes since to put a new one on the new gear box. that one is normally the toughest out of the 3 to replace anyways.. other 2 will be easy. and for a MOOG part, figure about $30 to $50 for each one.

Torsion bars........ i would be asking why he thinks they are that bad they need to be replaced?

the T bars are fairly cheap.. say $150 on up.

i have not had to replace my T bars, nor thought about it either.
i doubt this is going to be cheap, as it will involve a decent amount of labor.

im sure i could figure it out fairly easy, and i have ripped apart the front end on my H2 all the way down to removing the lower control arm.. from there its only a few bolts to remove the T bars. plus i doubt you would have to go through all that work for just the T bars either.

anyways, tell this dealership to go F themselves and find another mechanic, or do the work yourself. doing a steering box isnt very complicated. you dont even need to jack the vehicle up, nor remove any tires if you dont want too.

HellZ Thank You so much for getting back to me. I LOVE U MAN!!!

Yea I called them up and said NO NO NO That's just for the steering box for the pittman,etc,.and gearbx they wanted @ $2500. I really can not afford that cost. I called a mechanic buddy ofminehe's getting back to me tomorrow. If he's higher than $1000 i'm going to do it myself. What you think the cost come down to without the T-bars?