Thread: question on H3
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale
Default Re: question on H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAX
went to big bear mountain last sunday and it was snowing, so i was driving a long but i took a wronge turn so i needed to make a "u" turn. so i pulled over to the shoulder but it turned out that it was a small ditch covered in snow about a foot deep. i had my h3 on 4hi and when i pressed on the gas the wheels started slipping, all of a sudden my sabilitrac came of and a jolt of torque came in to efect. not only that but when i got on the road it would'nt shift past second gear, like in 4low. as soon as i let go of the gas it went back to normal.
so has anyone expeince this before? is this a feature i don't know about or am i just crazy?

The stabilitrack probably kicked in because your tires were slipping. That was the jolt you felt. If you were still on the gas when you got back on the road, the stabilitrack probably hadn't 'turned off' yet and was still braking the wheels. You might have to get off the gas to have it reset - I think I've done that a few times and if I'm on the gas I think it stays in active mode and really messes with you (trying to save your life, so I don't worry too much about it, just let off the gas, reset, and take off again)