View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 12:21 AM

Firebreather is off the scale

ohhhhhhh K brian....the G-Wagon, then the RR, then the Disco, then the Grand Cherokee, then the Lexus, then somewhere way down the list is the H2 in terms of off-road capability!??

thats the funniest post i have ever read! thanks for the laugh!

as a former Ranger Rover, Disco and Grand Cherokee owner, i completely disagree with you. if you were even serious. your post was so preposterous, i dont think you were...perhaps u are just pulling the H2 owners' chain a little...

i dont own a H2...hope to pick up an 04...but i am a self-professed lover of the Range Rover. but i can tell you the Discovery as sold in completely stock form sucks. The tires are horrible. the 4wd system doesnt work nearly as well as the RR. The Grand Cherokee is even worse. as for the RR, it was darn near impossible to get stuck. i wish they would have kept it like it was ie real bumpers, SFA, steel frame etc...the new one is anything but what a RR has been about for the last 40 years..its a Lexus.

i understand why the Rover and Jeep guys have such a hard time accepting the H2 but my goodness! to place it below theDisco, GC and Lexus in stock form is just a little too much! There is definitely some argument to be made re the G wagon and RR but the others? come on!

and i think that video was true. no deception. no decks stacked in favor of any truck. the H2 is just better in stock form.

its kind of like watching the vette and f body crowd say that they can make their cars go faster than a Viper...there is no doubt about it. but in stock form the Viper is faster and whatever u can do to a vette or camaro i can do to a Viper and see more gains from it.

once u start talking about modding these trucks, all bets are off. the facts are simple. in stock form there are only a handful of dedicated specialty vehicles that will out wheel the H2... G-wagon (perhaps)...Rubicon (maybe...new RR (probably not)...Disco (no way)...Jeep GC (absolutely not)...H1 (in some things but not others) face it the H2 is about the best blend between extreme off-road vehicle and family truck there is. without exception. IMHO...of course!

now let me go watch that video again.