View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

pdxhummerguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bio-Diesel H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer42
what year truck do you have??

Really.... the best solution for a Hummer to make more fuel volume is the following....

with dual, stock, tanks.... get dual fender well tanks. So, you would have the RH fender tank feeding the main fuel tank, and the LH fender tank feeding the aux tank. I believe the fender tanks are like 17 gallons each which would give you 76 Gallons in capacity (unless you have an alpha) which should be plenty!!

Personally, I would place check valves on the inlets to the main and aux fuel tanks so when off-roading you can't get the fuel to "find" its way into one of your "new" tanks when you are on steep grades.....

this would also require you to have your exhuast dump out in front of the LH rear wheel similar to a Humvee....

Where can I purchase these fender well tanks? I am ready to do the conversion on the H1 the right way. I have a 2002 Excursion with a 7.3 psd in it that I am having converted to veggie as well. After much research I have pretty much decided to use a company called Fossil Free fuels out of PA. Have had several conversations with these guy and they really seem to know their stuff and are thinking progressively ahead of the rest of the pack in my opinion. They are taking my excursion which has a 44 gallon main tank from the factory and converting this to a heated veg tank, adding an additional 30 gallon veg holding tank & then fabbing up an 18 gallon diesel tank for start up and purging at shutdown. They have a really nice looking interface taht I have yet to see anyone else in the veg community come close to. Here is a link to a video that shows a glance of the digital interface. It gives you fuel levels for all tanks, veg oil temp readings as well as a temp reading at the point of injection. Pretty trick set-up. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9sQwccnH3KM Does anyone have any experience or know anything about them? their website is a work in progress but it's www.fossilfreefuel.com .