View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Elcova Newbie

RnHummerGirl is on a distinguished road
Exclamation H3 engine turns but won't start.

Hi All--

I decided to join this forum to get in touch with other Hummer enthusiasts and to maybe get some help.

After graduating nursing school, I decided to treat myself to a new car. I went to carmax and purchased a 2007 H3, 29k miles on it. That was in early January. In early february I had carmax install a remote start that I had purchased from them when I signed from the vehicle. Until a week ago there were no problems.

My first problem maybe a week ago...just got done with a painful dentist visit, wanted to go home and take a nap. Tried to use the remote start, all the engine did was turn. Called carmax, but ten minutes later car started. I read something in my manual about the theft deterrent system. Went to grab food on the way home. Tried remote start. Again all the engine did was turn.
Called carmax cursing at them. They towed vehicle, called me the next day and told me it was the battery, it was bad and it had a 9v battery when it needed a 12v battery. I really didn't think it was the battery but the truck started this time when I went to pick it up and amazingly had even MORE power.

Ok, everything was fine until the next day. Took cats to vet, remote started fine. Stopped to get food on the way home. Guess what doesn't start. Didn't have cell phone and had to carry two screaming cats home. Needless to say carmax was cursed out again and they towed my vehicle. They said the computer system says the engine is fine. However when trying to start my vehicle, when it would just turn I would see the check engine light. I told them it was the remote start. They are going to check into it monday.

Ok, that was long winded. I'm sure you didn't need all the details. But the fact of the matter is I'm hoping carmax didn't sell me a lemon, I thought they had good cars. I researched hummer and it has excellent reviews. What gives?

Janelle