View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Harbor freight electric impact gun video

Slow down there turbo...

The sentence reads in complete:
You need to hand torque your wheels with a torque wrench or get a real impact air/cordless that actuall has over 400 ft./lbs of WORKING torque with a torque stick to do the job right.

I never once stated to torque your wheels to 400ft./lbs.

Trust me on this comming from a guy who is in the Tool Business (I own a Snap-On Franchise). If you knew what to look for to tell the difference between the quality of tools you would be amazed what you get when you spend more money.

Think about it like this. These are factual stats btw.
Your average working mechanic makes $15-$20/hr.
Your average working mechanic spends $60/wk. On tools that literally cost 10x as much as HF tools.

Why does he spend so much of his paycheck on high quality tools????

Guys I have been to the Snap On Power tool factory in Murphy, NC. I have actually met the AMERICAN employees who take pride in their work. I have seen our tools in real life torture tests crushing the competition. It's real when you spend the extra $$$$ you do not just get a brand name you get what you PAY for!

I can go on and on about this. Now with that said, I'm not saying Snap On is for the average Joe. Snap On tools are for professionals who use their tools all day everyday.

Getting back to the subject..... I would not trust any torque device from a sub-par mfg. to the life of my family..