View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What backspace are you running on your 2's wheels, pics??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
Sounds good, thanks.

It seems a -12 offset is pretty popular, on a 9" wide rim that is a 4.5" backspace. I wanted to make sure any wheels I bought were Rancho lift compatible for possible down the road mods. Other people have posted pics of their 4.5" backspace and it seems to be just perfect with the wide offroad fender flares.

What backspace or offset (with rim width for offset) are yours? I ask for the width so I can figure the backspace, most people I've been talking to know only one or the other measurement.
First off...a -12mm offset on a 9" rim would be about a 3" backspace. Here's a good offset/backspace calculator: http://www.customwheeloffset.com/tir...et-calculators

The 'offset' tells you how far off the bolt face is from the rim's center line. Negative offset puts more of the rim/rubber out of the fender wells and a positive offset puts more rim/rubber in toward the suspension.

My Rockstars are 18x9 with a 0mm offset (so a 4.5" backspace). I'm running 37x18x12.5 BFG MTs with no flares and have about 2" of rubber poking out. When I still had the stock flares they poked out about an inch. I think you'll either need a wider tire or a rim with more of a negative offset (shallow backspacing) to get the rubber to reach the edge of an EG-style flare (larger than stock).