View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 04:50 AM

Suomea is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Fred,

...Welcome and sorry to hear aboot the accident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh. it really wasn't anything. Like i said the trucker was upset over soemthing a car did that looked just like ours, and he went for a little "highway vigilante" action and got the wrong car.

He tapped us at around 10 MPH and just cracked the platic bumper cover on the car. I pulled over, he didn't. I chased him thru about 3 counties before the police finally caught him. The accident happened in Iowa, so:

A) it's not considered an accident since the damage was estimated to be less than $1000 (the cop clearly had never purchased anything at a Volvo Dealer before)

B) Since it wasn't a reportable accident, (and he denied ever hitting us at all) the guy couldn't be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

So, the only thing I got out of it was a cracked bumper cover, and lots of bad feelings towards truckers.

I'd like to think that in Wisconsin, he'd have been taken to jail... and that he wouldn't have driven halfway across the state before the State Troopers managed to intercept him.

Fred