View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking to replace tires soon

I bought my toyo's from Belle Tire. They actually beat the best pricing I could find on the net. They were also the only ones that could mount a 24" rim w/ in an hours drive. $700/each x 5, $2800 in rubber... OUCH!

A good tire shop should be able to confirm my size suspision... I think the toyo 35" is going to be bigger than most other brands including BFG's. I'd say probably looking at $275-$325 a tire. I'd go w/ the stock size for now, you'd be able to sell them pretty easily when you get around to putting on a lift.

There are 3 or 4 other big hummer forum sites...do a search on them. Keyword toyo should be enough to pull up some good comparison and review threads. I read through threads on tires for 2 weeks before I came to my decision and was extremely happy.

I'm a little nervous now after looking at toyos site...I do not see them listed in 24" wheel size anymore...

Last bit of advice- Most tire stores try to sell you road hazzard/warranty on tires. They can sell this to anyone, but what you bought may not even be covered in anyway! If a tire is over $400, most likely its completely exempt from any coverage. There's only a handfull of insurance companies that local tire shops sell for commission. Everyone is almost exactly dead on, no difference. But make sure to read the terms & conditions before you buy it, dont take the word of the guy selling it to you.