View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kerry insults every man and woman in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Fcuk you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

You worthless fcuk!! You have no idea. How many U.S. Marine officers or enlisted have you been around? I went to the Gulf War with a regiment of Marines that blew me away with their level of competence, integrity, intelligence, and diligence. Far, far in excess of any other professional group I have ever encountered before or since. In 1991, when my reserve regiment (the 24th) left, more than 50% of the regiment's enlisted had more than two years of college experience. The vast majority of those were were progressing to degrees. Yet they decided to enlist nonetheless, in the Marines, who offered the least college benefits of any service. Why? Because, although most were intelligent and competent, they wanted, for at least a brief period, to do something more meaningful and important to history than just taking the easiest path to the most money. What have you done for the world Dennis that was not in your own self interest?

Even by your own shallow standards, the Marines have done pretty well. I don't know what the percentages are today, but, in 1990, more than 20% of the U.S. Congressmen and Senators and C.E.O.s of the Fortune 500 companies were former Marines. Granted these people might not be up to your lofty caliber, but they did okay. I can only assume that the other U.S. Services are similarly filled with exceptionalism. And I assume it's even better today than in 1990. You simply don't know what you are talking about. These guys are smart, hard-working, dedicated, brave, and they are doing something more valuable than almost anyone else I am aware of is doing. They are heros. They really are.

I lost my brother who was in the Marines during the Vietnam era. He never made it home. He was in college .. soon to graduate .. then chose to ENLIST (no, he wasn't drafted)...and decided to finish up the few credits to get his degree after he completed his enlistment period. My dad is a West Point graduate who served with the U.S. Army in Army Intelligence during WWII. I agree with MarineHawk.Those who have served are more than sensitive when it comes to statements as made by people like Kerry. I think it's fair to comment on Kerry's statement, but, everything else is like treading on thin ice. Especially when it comes to bashing the U.S. military when some of the members here commenting aren't even U.S. citizens. That's an insult.