View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kerry insults every man and woman in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
I'm not a liberal extremist, and I'm not a conservative. I'm a moderate liberal. Do I think we need to/should be in Iraq? I am not sure. Do we need to win? YES. I have great respect for the service of our veterans. And I am surprised at how many come out as supporters of war, and how many disagree with such tragedy and death.

x2

My parents served honorably in the army during the Korean War and my dad joined the NSA afterwards. My brother served in the Air Force during the Gulf War. I'm proud of them and of my nephew who plans to join the Navy.

imo, we should not have invaded Iraq under Pres GW Bush. But that's as far as I can agree with my liberal friends. Now that we are there, we MUST NOT abandon the mission. What we need now is bipartison dialog on how best to complete the transition of power to the iraqis and reduce (not eliminate) our military presence there.

Pulling out now, the way we abandoned Beirut, Somalia and other places, would only embolden our enemies and leave the middle east in a power vacuum next door to an Iran eager to annex all that nice land to the west.
And to me that's far scarier than anything Saddam had in my mind.