Thread: H2 SUT MSRP
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree with you MAC on several points, but I don't feel like debating today so I will claim "everyone is entitled to their opinion".

Now, if you read the original post, it said that the dealer is asking $5000 over MSRP, not that they were asking for a $5000 deposit. The post never specified what the required deposit was.

Now that we have that straight... I put my SUT deposit down a few weeks ago. I told my dealer that I refuse to pay above MSRP because I could easily go elsewhere and get one for that. They had no problem with that, especially seeing how I ordered so far in advance. The only reason I could see paying above MSRP is so you can grab an SUT off the lot before the next guy. Remember though, money doesn't do much talking when the SUT on the lot is already under deposit (ordered) and technically sold. It only talks for available vehicles.

I don't know what your financial situation is like, and I won't ask, but for me $5000 is a good chunk of change that I would not be shelling out if I didn't have to. Its stupid if you think about it. Order now and pay MSRP, or wait until they're rolling into the dealers and pay $5000 over just to take one off the lot before someone else does. And why wait until then to order and wait another couple months? Ordering now gets me the first SUT at my dealer at MSRP.

You're doing the right thing, but I would tell my dealer now that you're not paying over MSRP. If they can't do that for you then walk away & find a dealer that will.

As far as colors, who knows what they'll be offering for the '05 models. I'm waiting to decide on that & other options until next fall when GM starts to accept production orders. That $5k you save by not having to pay over MSRP could pay for that nice Motorola iRadio Telematics nav screen in the dash!

Welcome to the SUT deposit club [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
- Dan
ps: I call them the '05 models because they are slated to have 2005 VINs