Thread: Tail light Lens
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tail light Lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsnBars
Good question. Ive been looking for some nice euro lights for months.Ive E-mailed the top companys with very little response. Stylin Concepts has one of the bigger selections of after market tail light stuff and I call them about once a month for any up dates. No luck yet. Im sure there will be some out soon. I just google--- Euro lights--- about 1 a month but no luck yet. Maybe someone will see this thread and post a link or two. See ya

Euro lights will be out in a few months...good luck in installing them. In the GM Euro light, you have the park/brake on top, in the middle you have the amber turn signal bulb inside a clear lens, just below that you have your clear backup.
Problem is, the wiring. On the H3 only one wire (other than ground) goes to the existing turn/park/brake bulb, and the bulb is totally controlled by the BCM. It turns on the bulb full time for park, flashes for turn, and turns them on for brake.
I am not saying you could not do it, but it will be more than a splice here or a splice there. You would most likely have to disconnect the BCM from the circuits.
European vehicles get a different BCM that has different wire circuits for control of the rear taillights. Basically, you have one circuit from the BCM to control the park and brake, and another for the turn/hazard.