View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions from a potential buyer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEST 4x4xFAR
???? Honestly, if it were four door, we'd be considering it as well, but it apparently has even less cargo space, only has rear "access" doors and while we both like the styling, we like the H3 styling better. But I do like the more powerful engine, better history of build quality and reliability, and that the transfer case actually has a shifter, not buttons that electronically shift the t-case...

I need a vehicle that can carry some specific sized cargo (cases). H3 has longer distance from inside rear door to back of front seats (I tested with an approx 63in long case), than FJ. FJ's rear seat bottom, which flips up, gets in the way. Although you are supposed to be able to remove them.
I also have a case that is about 33" x 36". With back seats folded down, it fits in the back of the H3 w/o really touching the rear seats. FJ: about 1 inch shorter so the case sits on the very end of the rear seat in the FJ, and is not supported by the floor at that end. I do see that FJ has more cubic feet for cargo room, but for my particular needs, H3 is "bigger". Perhaps FJ wins in cargo area height?

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008