View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walc:
A debate requires a premise.
The premise I propounded was that a few socially inept people attacked <span class="ev_code_RED">LMAO there was no "attack", just friendly leg pulling. We have fun here, it’s a form of recreation for 90% of us and not a serious gear head auto forum (although gear head posts are ok). This is a HUMMER site for adults and those with thin skins should leave or shut up. The site started like this over 3 years ago and some idiot cry baby lawyer won’t change it.</span> catgirl24, for having the temerity to introduce herself, and her new H3. I told her that there is a lot of useful info, and many nice people, on this board. In essence, don't be driven away by the crude and vulgar minority.<span class="ev_code_RED">Nothing is personal, just a lot of leg pulling. If someone does decide to take it personally they are stupid, this is the internet not the real world.</span>
That minority responded with their usual inane, crude and vulgar comments. There was no debate. Just the usual moronic drivel from little people who only feel courageous when hiding behind the anonimity of screen names and great distance.<span class="ev_code_RED">Who’s hiding? I even use my real name as my handle as do quite a few of us. A lot of us are friends who met on-line on this forum but have since met in real life several times. Good that you bring up distance since we mainly get-together twice a year in Moab, UT. It started off as a few of us from the adjoining states but now folks drive 1000s of miles from all corners of the US and Canada to join in on our fun. BTW we make fun of people like you all day </span>
Yes. You men and women who attacked a new H3 owner, and tried to tarnish her enjoyment, are paragons of bathroom repartee. However, please don't disallusion yourselves by thinking that you are capable of debate with anyone.<span class="ev_code_RED">You have no clue who we are and can assume all you want about us. My friends and I will still be chatting here and going on Hummer trips long after your sorry, butt hurt, can’t fit in, chip on his shoulder ass is out of here.</span>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your idea of "friendly leg pulling" is making fun of a new poster's hair color, country, previous vehicle, etc, I don't want to fit in with you.
BTW, no real location and a hot.mail address don't exactly constitute openly standing up for what you say.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.