View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale
Default Re: Shes all mine now!

I believe we live in new era. Consumer debt must go down. Having debt doesnt leverage anything as we are told it does. I sold my Grand National for 17K and owed 20K on the SUT. I originally planned on buying some snow mobiles for the family with a Trailer when I sold the car. I came to my senses, well actually I caught the "Dave Ramsey Show" on FOX business channel. His show is all about paying off debt and becoming more free and wealthy than you could ever believe. I thought "hey, it would nice to get rid of that h2 payment", My payment was $750 a month for 5 years, and I was paying 1k a month to pay it down quicker. That 1k every month was getting old real quick, especially with business like a roller coaster over the past few years. I paid it off 2 weeks ago and it feels great to not have to pay that 1k due May 1. Thats 12k a year I can save or invest a year! My wifes leased car is up in Sept. We are going to return that car and buy something for her that is maybe 3-4 years old and in good condition and pay cash for it. Her lease is $400 a month. Between the 2 vehicles we will save $16,800 a year !! If we want snow mobiles down the road we will save and pay cash for them. Business was so good 5 years ago that we all were living the life of stuff. Times are different and I'm growing up and just want to live my life with-out that stress.