View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '06 Real Power Improvement

With all due respect and a welcome to ya, let me say this, if you bought the H3 looking for power and speed you bought the wrong vehicle. Sometimes we have to sacrifice on road performance to gain off road performance. I dont think we have sacrificed to much on the road, I love the way the H3 rides, comfort and everything about the interior. Also at the same time I just recently drove to San Francisco and did 70mph pretty much all the way up the grapevine and thats fast enough for me. Anybody doing more the that up a 6-8% grade is just plain killing their car. To your question: The gains you would see from exhaust and intake are not going to satisfy your needs. First off our intake is very efficiant as it is. Exhaust will give you all of what 10hp+ if your lucky? There is an ECU upgrade available too, but again what are you looking for? 300whp/tq? Either wait for the Alpha or buy a Land Rover. We 5 cyl may be slow, but I am content driving slow knowing that I can crawl up the side of the mountain when I finally get there.

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40