View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: '06 Real Power Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisha Haddan H3
I just drove back from Moab last week. 350 miles, 5+ miles over the speed limit the whole way except for Vail and Loveland passes. They slowed me down but I still passed plenty of cars. It helps to have a 5-speed ... just put it in 3rd.

I don't believe in snake oil for more HP. You might get some oomph from exhaust headers and a good cat-back, or even a PCM tune (according to some). But not much bang for the buck, imo.

Your truck is what it is ... accept it. What did you expect from a brick-shaped SUV with high ground clearance and a 5-cyl engine?

Tried and true tips:

Reduce parasitic losses (friction and wind resistance) - synthetic engine oil, street tires, correct tire pressure, minimum exterior accessories

Reduce weight - minimum cargo and accessories

Do regular maintenance - replace air filter, change oil on time (engine, transmission, transfer, diffs), all other maintenance on schedule

Mods harmful to performance:

Airflow modifiers like the "tornado", homemade or ebay "turbos", generic brand or homemade intake pipes

Mods harmful to engine:

Oil additives, fuel additives (except injector cleaners), oiled air filters (allow more dirt and may damage MAF if overoiled)

Questionable mods (your results may vary):

Throttle body spacers, PCM re-program, electric engine fan, exhaust headers and cat-back (if tested and tuned for power instead of sound on the 3.5 or 3.7L application).

That's perfect J! We should add it to the FAQ!