View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

accely is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Front Passenger door electrical

I'm having the SAME problem but I created it I guess...

I replaced the door handles on the rear doors today - everything went fine, door light works, controls, etc.

Replaced the front driver side door and when I put everything back together the door controls arent working. Heated seat ( plugs into the other controls), remote door lock, remote windows, etc.
I reseated all cables but it didnt fix it.

Next I moved onto the passenger side front door. I kept an eye on the door light and i noticed it went out as soon as I pulled the last cable from the door module ( 4 total cables) and AGAIN after replacing the door handle and putting everything back together the controls did not work in that door now. door lock and windows.Both of the door speakers still work.

I've done some research online and found different solutions such as replacing the modules, but I find it hard to believe both went bad just by unplugging them. Someone also said they replaced the module and it didnt help, but they ended up finding a broken data cable in the door jam... again it seems unlikely that both sides of my H2 just suddenly faulted somehow.

I havent checked fuses yet, not really sure which ones to look at or easily see if some are blown