View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you believe in Life After Death???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Exactly! I don't understand why there is fear of ghosts or supernatural.

I could stay in a haunted house all night if it would guarantee a ghost sighting. It would also be comforting to know there would be some type of existence after death.

Well, if you believed in ghosts it would be fair to say that an encounter you could have would be with a stranger (one you have never met).

I know for a fact that for every live spirit I know there are about 10 weirdos maybe more. No, I'd say 25 weirdos per 1 normal human I have met. That's a 1/25 chance your encountered spirit is a weirdo. I don't like stranger wierdos - live or clinically dead.

So sleeping amoungst weirdos would not be my thing.

I think it is naive to think that there is nothing else out in the blackness surrounding the universe but I also think it naive to believe anything that is percieved or written by humans- especially ones without the knowledge collected in the last century even. You must also factor in the 1/25 weirdo ratio, the imagination of children, the psychological and instinctual need of father/parental figures, and societal/political behavior etc.

But, that being said it is also instinctual (designed) for humans to look to/believe in/seek out something higher (as evidence clearly shows throughout human history). Even if you factor in the 1/25 weirdo ratio among past political/societal leaders- the belief/seeking is still there.

So I myself as an unbiased human and looking at things scientifically; have concluded that all energies and elements (known and unknown) are cyclic therefore the psychological spirit (thoughts, knowledge, mind, possibly emotions) may very well be a "tangible" element that in theory would also be cyclic and could very well be cycled unchanged.

But I also think it naive to think that even if that "psychological spirit" were cycled intact and moved beyond our current state to another dimension/plane of new elements, it would be deserving of such knowledge or even possible to convey it. Blackness could be the conclusion but may not conclude anything.

For even if it was possible- the "answer" revealed to the infinite number of spirits- it's purpose and existance in an "all the answers" kind of way, I have a feeling that we/they would seek out the creator of the creating divine.