View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it depends what you drive over. We are all in different parts of the country (a couple in Canada) so we see different terrain. We hit VERY steep slopes out here, in fact, just last week I struggled (and stopped) with my H1 to get up a very loose and very steep slope while out with Steve and a couple other guys. The other guys made it with a little hold the brake and pop the gas manuever I have yet to learn. I would NEVER do this with a lift without wearing a diaper. IT WOULD ROLL. In fact, Steve was talking to me on the radio trying to keep me from sliding to the right in fear that the H1 would roll (that's not easy to do).

You may be right that rock avoidance could cause the need to do the side slope but not out here. We have very deep rutted, steep and incredibly loose dirt and rock that tosses your truck all over the place. It's really nasty stuff and hard to gauge with it being so loose.

A few trips ago Steve attempted this completely ridiculous slope but could not gain enough traction to get up. It was scary to say the least to be at the bottom and watch him slide side to side wondering if his wheel was going to catch and roll. He's a good driver but a little nuts. Don't buy his H2 used