View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 12:11 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

I have the base sound system (not the monsoon) however I scored a monsoon 6 disc head and have it in and running. The volume has dropped off since I did this, sincce the 6 disc head is meant to be used with the monsoon amp, my old head must have had an amp in it (the volume was much louder), but the 6-dic does have power because I still hav volume control it is just at 3/4 now for normal listening where I had th stock single disc head and 1/4 volume. This is why I have the need for the external amp.

Can you get a definite on the adapter I will need? As you say it will just plug into the back of the head? between the head and factory harness?

Plus like I said I want to mount the amp in the back drivers side storage bin, although you might have a better location? whatever is the easiest to tie in the exhisting speaker leads to the amp (can you elaborate on this)? I am assuming I can grab them all at the back of the head since I dont currently have an amp in the H3? Might be better to have the amp under the seat? (I dont have power seats so I might have room under there?) would make the speaker lead runs shorter then if the amp was in the back of the truck, plus the +12v lead from the batt would be much shorter and I could grab the ground at one of the seat mounting bolts.

If you could direct me to the proper adapter (good quality) part number and perhaps a soucce to buy it and let me know on the amp mounting and the specifics on tieing it all in I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to keep the cutting to a minimum..

Thanks so much

Mike