View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

The ArchiTexan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why the FJ Cruiser is no Threat to the H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWheelDoYou
New here, love this topic as I just got back from an event (the GSMTR) where the Toyota Trail Team showed up. I hope to interject some reason to this (admittedly entertaining) thread.

Toyota has formed three FJ Cruiser Trail Teams. West, Central and East Coast. These three teams of two FJCs each go to off-road events large and small and wheel all the trails. Plus, they let drivers wheel them, and not just on on fire road stretches. They let you wheel them up obstacles. Very cool.

The FJ does very well offroad. It uses traction control or an e-locker to do this. It wheeled Moab. It did the entire Rubicon trail in STOCK form. See pics here: http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/FJCruiser.html. It's been to GSMTR, Hollister Hills, Paragon, etc. So there's no doubt it performs well off-road.

Quality: clear winner, Toyota. Not trolling here. Simple fact. Hummer isn't even close. Here's the link.

http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/....6468a31b.html

Whoever that complete dork "Aubs" is who keeps talking about the FJC "being a threat to the the H3", what the hell is that about? If you want to wheel a Hummer, buy one. If you want to wheel an FJ Cruiser, buy one. "A threat"? Ummm....ok. That's like saying chocolate is a threat to vanilla. Dumb! Or funny--like the brass at Toyota said: "When we build this FJC it's to kill the H3 line!" Ryyyyyt.

For god's sake, shut up and wheel!

Respectfully,

Mike

LMAO!!! Those are test vehicles, heck I'll drive a Rolls Royce if someone is paying for it and not worrying about getting damage. And those FJ's in Moab are modifieds.....lol. I wonder what it looks like after completing the Rubicon trail...hmm probably in the repair shop!