View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leenigen:
First I cleaned it up then I got it good and hot. After pinching it to the center link it finally came loose. That mew arm is a vast inprovment over the old one. Some of the steering slop is gone (although not all) and a mysterious clunk seems to be gone. The center link looks good. I was abit worried about that too, but I can't see any excesive wear.
Thanks for the help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raise up the passenger side and grasp the wheel at the 3 and 9 o'clock position, push/pull along that axis vigorously and watch the idler arm. There should be no more than 1/8" of movement at the center link. The idler/pitman arm combo is the most common reason for excessive movement. Usually, when you replace one, you replace the other as well.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts