View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 10:28 PM

buddy is off the scale

Mike,

A dealer near me has 2 on the lot. One 5-speed, the other auto. Both loaded with all options, just different transmisions.
I drove the 5-speed Fri, but dealer said no off-road..until you buy it. Sand dunes next to the dealership and he wouldn't let me get off the pavement.. I know Rubi was not built with sand dunes in mind, rather rock crawling, but sometimes you gotta go where you can.

I see a couple of Rubi's in the dunes from time to time playing around..not many obstacles to put them to the real challenge. Some of the TJ guys act as if they're not too impressed with the Rubi. I guess there's a little resentment.

Ever since I drove the Rubi I keep getting the urge to go back to dealer, and I didn't even get it off-road. The salesman called Sat,Sun and today, Mon. Now if I can just hide for a few more days.

With summer weather already here would be nice to put the top down and play in a Rubi. I love the H2 and could never replace it with anything else, buttt...I would sure like to have one of those Rubi's too.