Thread: Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Hummer Novice

AC HUM1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Maintenance

Thanks for the info I finally got around to it today. I got the AC delco filter and 2 more gallons of Shell Rotella T. Changed it out and let the oil drain out until it stopped completely this time.

I put roughly 7 quarts in to check it on the dipstick and finally topped the 1/2 quart off and it is staying right above middle in the cross hatched operating range section on the dipstick. I fired it up and it was running fine, so I decided to go ahead and change the fuel filter.

Drained the fuel out and stuck the filter in, it all went fine. It started right up after I got the fuel filter done, but now it is starting to go dead on me again. More so than last time. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, the motor is just shutting off? I think my batteries are getting a bit weak, the cranking had already been being a bit dull but still starts fine, could that be a reason it is not running right? Could there be air in the fuel lines? At idle the oil gauge is staying right at 1/4 to 1/2 all the way through until it shuts itself off. Any ideas?

I did pull the air filter out to check it, it was perfectly clean so I stuck it back in with no problems. Maybe I didn't get it in there right?